Friday, August 31, 2007

Yankees Vs. Red Sox: My First Professional Game


It must have been about 23 years ago that I had the opportunity to attend my first professional sports game. There I was in Boston, Fenway Park on a nice August evening. Unaware of the impact of the rivalry between these two teams, it was the day that would confuse everyone who ever asked me who my favorite baseball team was. The excitement of the day had my adrenaline going. The crowd of fans, the screaming, the players I'd seen on the television made the day somewhat of a dream. It was then I made up my mind that those two teams were my favorite. It was a great experience.


This past week I had the chance of attending the second game of a 3 game series between The New York Yankees and The Boston Red Sox. I have since favored the Yankees but still remember why they were both my favorite. I was thrown back in time to that first game and I felt like a kid again. All the excitement was there as it was before, the crowds, the cheering, the players and the celebrities...Paul McCartney, Billy Crystal, Venus Williams, Penny Marshall and the diamond encrusted smile worn by the one and only Hip-Hop artist Paul Wall.


One day when I have children I hope to bring them to witness the same thing. Maybe create the same emotions...to watch it live is so magical! I pray that my kids will one day say I remember when I went to my first professional sports game.


June Archer...In My Lifetime!

No comments: