Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It Was A Pleasure To Meet You Mr. Dick Gregory...

I went to attend a hair show in Atlanta, Georgia over the weekend and had the opportunity to introduce myself to Mr. Dick Gregory. In that instance as I recognized him while we walked toward each other I had so many questions for him. How was the experience growing up as an activist? What encouraged you to want to be a comedian? As a vegetarian what kinds of different foods do you eat? Do you think Barack Obama will make a great President if given the opportunity? What is your opinion on the Michael Vick situation?

For a moment it felt like we spoke for hours and all I did was ask the questions one by one the whole time. I wanted to learn so much and hear about everything he had to share. However, all I had the chance to say was...Hello Mr. Gregory it is a pleasure to meet you, my name is June Archer. He said, "It's a pleasure to meet you" "How are you?" I said, great! He replied, "How's your family?" They are great, I said with total confidence. The elevator arrived and I was left with all those questions to be answered until the next time we meet.

It was a pleasure to meet you Mr. Dick Gregory.


June Archer - In My Lifetime!

No comments: