Saturday, August 18, 2007

Kids Just Being Kids...


Recently I had the pleasure of judging a showcase of talent that was given by a few BET executives. To my amazement I was brought back to the days when I grew up having fun. The days when singing and dancing was the greatest feeling in the world. The young people that participated in "Blaze The Stage" were not only talented but very manageable, polite and respectful. There were singers, rappers and dancers that took the stage as if they were seasoned veterans. The excitement in the theater was electric.

For the first time in a long time I was convinced that despite the years that have passed by and how much things have changed due to the age of Myspace, Facebook and the almighty Internet kids are still having good clean fun. I charge every parent to assist in the development of their child in the arts and entertainment. It encourages teamwork and the ability to develop their personalities. Yes, school work is important however, beyond that, we are missing human interaction with each other. Every now and then put down the blackberry, sidekick and iPhone. I am guilty as well for being so dependent on one of these gadgets. However, human interaction cannot be replaced as communication is very important. Spend time with these young people, support them. If it presents itself share with them those old videos of you at your high school talent show. You were a kid once...

June Archer...In My Lifetime!

No comments: