Monday, January 5, 2009

What A Difference A Year Can Make...


Happy New Year! What makes a new year happy? I guess that all depends on the individual and what his or her mind is programmed to believe. Money, Power, Respect...? Family, Health, Happines...? Some might agree the latter of the bunch is not as exciting as the first three. You can have it all if you focus properly. Having it all means have a blessed and balanced life and in return a great and happy new year for the whole year.

I enter 2009 with another notch on my belt. I am a son, a brother, a best friend, a husband and now a father. All are important to me but none more important than being a father to a young man that I pray will be all of these things one day as well. I hope and pray that I live long enough to witness every one of them come true.

He is such an inspiration that it gives me so much more meaning to life. Something deep inside of you wants to be kind so that others may be kind to you and those you love. I want him to understand the same things. In life it's not just who you know but who knows you. Be kind to others and live good with others for at the end of the day when the money, power and respect have no say in the nursing home...all you have are memories of those who helped make the journey a blessing.

Be good to yourself and to others. We don't know when our time may be up or when the good Lord may need us to do work directly with him so make every moment count.

Happy New Year!

In My Lifetime...June Archer

No comments: